Soft contact insertion
- Always wash and dry your hands before handling contact lenses
- Pour the right lens and storage solution from the case into your palm.
- Make sure your fingers are clean and dry.
- Place the right lens on the tip of the index finger of your dominant hand.
- Using the middle finger of your other hand, pull and hold your upper eyelid open, so you cannot blink.
- Pull down your lower eyelid, using the middle finger of your inserting hand.
- Look straight at the lens, and place it directly on the center of your eye.
- Look down to position the lens correctly.
- Release your eyelid.
- Repeat these instructions to insert your left contact lens.
Soft contact lens removal
- Always wash and dry your hands before handling contact lenses.
- Start with your right eye and have your lens case open and ready with fresh contact lens solution.
- Make sure the lens is centered on your eye.
- Pull your lower eyelid down with the middle finger of your inserting hand.
- Use your index finger to slide the lens down to the lower white part of your eye.
- Gently squeeze the lens between your thumb and index finger, and remove it from your eye.
- Rinse the lens with contact solution, and put it into your lens case.
- Repeat for your left eye
How can you tell if your lenses are inside out?
- Hold the contact lens on your fingertip (with the inside of the bowl shape facing up in the air).
- Look at the rim of the contact lens. If the edge of the contact is shaped like a bowl, then it is correct.
- If the edges are flared out, then it is inside out.
Do you wear toric contact lenses?
- Before putting on your contact lens, look for a small line on the contact lens.
- Make sure that line is aligned downward.
- Then insert the contact.